Not a mistake.  Murdoch has too many cross-promotional opportunities to
pass up the viewership offered by free access to the WSJ.  It would have
been a mistake by an independent publisher, but by Murdoch, it was
almost a foregone conclusion.  $50M, while significant, is probably not
a terribly big number for Newscorp's advertising budget.

- Patrick