--- Matthew Kulas <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> They have the new Voile Switchback, the new Rottefella NTN, and the
> Scarpa NTN boot.  All are slick, all are expensive.

Oooh, you have seen the NTN in the flesh? Do tell.

I checked out the Switchback at REI and it seems to deliver as advertised. I will probbaly be on a
pair this season. Amazingly, but unsurprisingly, the shop rats are still pushing the O1 and T9
Ascent over the less expensive Switchback. as I see it, there isnt even a comparison. The Voile
will  bee stiffer torsionally, lighter, more active, and the switch is more durable and much
easier to operate. The only negative I can see is the heel lifters are still the stiff yank and
whack style as before, vs the spring loaded ease of the HammerHead or G3.

Jerm