The Co-op tends to turn a blind eye to boarders who earn their turns.
They're no different than anyone else who earns, rather than pay to ride
the lifts.

I'm a co-op shareholder.  We own the mountain.  It is private property.
We also support the mountain community.  Stark's nest is open year round
as a hiking shelter.  The restriction on equipment is only to ride the
lifts.  As far as I know, MRG has no policy against earning turns, other
than the obvious liability issues.