---Forwarded Message---

It’s not too early to get the word out about what you are planning for the 2009 Celebrate Champlain Quadricentennial!  Applications are now being accepted for events, exhibits, and projects that explore one or more of these themes set by the Vermont Lake Champlain Quadricentennial Commission:

Although applications will be considered throughout 2008, all are encouraged to submit applications for Event Selection and Designation by February 15, 2008 in order to be included in promotional materials accompanying Vermont delegations to France (May 2008, commemorating when Samuel de Champlain departed France for North America) and Quebec (July 2008, when he arrived in Quebec City.)

While the year-long celebration will feature several unique, once-in-a-lifetime events, existing annual events are encouraged to take on a Quadricentennial flavor and be included in this rare opportunity to attract broad attention.  “We want the Quadricentennial to call attention to the variety and richness of this region,” says Quadricentennial Commission Commemoration and Events Committee chair Marilyn Cormier.  “Think of 2009 like a necklace of gems.  The large beautiful stones – or signature events – will be supported by the equal brilliance of many adjoining stones.  Like the necklace, all of Vermont will shine.”

To learn more and to submit your application, go to http://www.celebratechamplain.org/events_intro.html .

If you are not an event or project planner yourself, please feel free to pass this email along to your favorite cultural group or anyone who might be interested.

All successful event applicants will be given license to use the Celebrate Champlain logo for promoting their Quad activities.  We are also taking applications from businesses and non-profits who wish to use the logo for promotion, and applications for logo-use in developing Quadricentennial products and commercial services.  Information about these are available at http://www.celebratechamplain.org .

Thanks very much, and feel free to contact me about Quadricentennial.

Catherine

Catherine Brooks

Cultural Heritage Tourism Coordinator

Vermont Department of Tourism and Marketing

1 National Life Drive

Montpelier, VT 05620-0501

[log in to unmask]  (802)828-3683

---End of Forwarded Message---