Sarthak and Wolfram,

Wolfram's comment reminded me of a significant observation.  In our
laboratory, we operate a MAT 252 and a recently acquired MAT 253.  I do
not know if some similar changes were made in the MAT 253 as the Delta-V.
However, our MAT 252 regularly has very low water backgrounds (i.e. 7-50mV
in the m/z 45 cup in CO2 configuration), whereas the MAT 253 regularly has
much higher water backgrounds (i.e. 1000-5000mV and higher! in the same
cup and configuration.)  I beleive in this case, this discrepency may be
due to seals and or the type of CF inlet valve used on the system.  Just
FYI.

cheers,
-Herb