  From: Brittany S Graham
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Friday, April 27, 2007 3:53 AM
  Subject: [ISOGEOCHEM] ISOECOL 6, 1st Announcement

  Dear all,

  We invite you to read the first announcement of the 6th IsoEcol Conference below and to mark your calendars. The Organizing Committee also invites proposals for oral and poster sessions of interest to IsoEcol Conference delegates. Due to the Conference location, one session will focus on coastal and pelagic marine ecosystems; from nutrient cycling at the base of the food web, to mid-trophic levels, and up to higher trophic levels, including seabirds and marine mammals. Session proposals are due by June 1, 2007. Proposals should identify at least one session chair and include a short description of the session theme and significance. Please send proposed sessions or any enquiries to ' [log in to unmask]

  We look forward to meeting you in Hawaii.

  Aloha,

  Brittany Graham, Brian Popp, and Brian Fry

  The 6th International Conference on the Applications of Stable Isotope Techniques to Ecological Studies

  Honolulu, Hawaii
  25-29 August 2008
  http://www.isoecol.org/

  First Announcement

  Stable isotope techniques are now established tools in ecological research and have been proven valuable in understanding past and present trophic relationships, sources and processing of nutrients, pollution and contaminant dispersal, animal and plant physiology, and animal migration within and between ecosystems.  Stable isotope applications to ecology continue to grow dramatically as novel hypotheses are developed, technologies improved, and new methods established.  As a result, the number of stable isotope ecology publications by researchers working on terrestrial, marine, and freshwater ecosystems has flourished.

  The aim of this Conference is to assemble an international group of isotope scientists engaged in ecological research and for these delegates to share their ideas and state-of-the-art science.  Another aim is to identify gaps in our knowledge in the field of ecology, and where future stable isotope research and interdisciplinary efforts could be best applied.  These goals will be accomplished through oral and poster presentations and, informally, through discussions and debate during social events.

  Following successful meetings in Saskatoon (1998), Braunschweig (2000), Flagstaff (2002), Wellington (2004), and Belfast (2006), we are pleased to announce that the 6th International Conference on Applications of Stable Isotope Techniques to Ecological Studies will be held at the University of Hawaii's East-West Conference Center located on campus in Manoa Valley.  Delegates will be encouraged to stay in eastern Waikiki , near the beach, where we will provide daily bus transportation to and from the conference center (for more info visit http://www.isoecol.org/hawaii.html).  To encourage student participation, affordable university campus housing will be available.

  Further announcements will be posted on the Conference website ( http://www.isoecol.org/). Enquiries should be directed to Brittany Graham, Brian Popp, and Brian Fry at ' [log in to unmask]