LUCA is for the good of the entire town, and the role of the person who takes
the lead for LUCA really depends on what's best for the town.  So far I've
seen a diversity of Clerks, Listers, ZAs, Planners, Admins, E-911 Coords and
more identified as the LUCA liaisons for their town.

Whomever YOUR town may designate as the LUCA liaison, I would hope that
you consider participating.  The deadline to send your registration materials
back to the Census Bureau is December 31st.  If you need to have the
registration materials re-sent to you, please let me know.

More information is available at http://crs.uvm.edu/census/luca

LUCA is a unfunded federal request of local governments on behalf of the
Census Bureau.  It's a bureaucracy asking a big favor of our towns, in other
words.  But it's also an important opportunity.

Participating in LUCA is the most proactive contribution that a local
government can make to the completeness and accuracy of your Census
data.  Towns who feel they have been undercounted by the Census in the
past should take note!

The Vermont State Data Center and Vermont Center for Geographic
Information are planning to provide assistance and a "starter file" to towns to
make participating in LUCA much easier.  I urge you to learn more by going to
http://crs.uvm.edu/census/luca/starterfile.pdf

Also PLEASE remember:

The deadline for a town to register for LUCA is December 31, 2007.

If you have lost or never received the full LUCA registration form for your town
from the Census Bureau, please contact me immediately!

Thank you,
Chip
____________________
WILL SAWYER