Hi,  Could this also be done for small property taxes that
have been on the books forever!!????   Can the Del.
Tax Collector ask for a BOA meeting just for this purpose?  Maybe this is a ? for the Sec. of State......
We have a few we'd like to get off the Del. Tax list...


  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Ann Webster 
  To: [log in to unmask] 
  Sent: Monday, November 26, 2007 9:00 AM
  Subject: Re: Personal Property Taxes

  Wendy, we treat them as any other property tax. They are turned over to the del tax collector if not paid. Usually each year when we are hearing abatement requests the del tax collector will put in a request for small accounts to be abated. We put them on the agenda and warn them just like any other abatement and then the board of abatement deals with them.


  Ann F Webster

  Middlebury Town Clerk

  94 Main Street

  Middlebury VT 05753

  802-388-8102 X240

  802-388-4261 (f)



  From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Wendy
  Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 5:14 PM
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Subject: Personal Property Taxes


  Hi all,

              Is anyone aware of where I might find guidance on how many years to maintain personal property "dead" accounts before purging them?  Traditional practice here had been to take them off the books after two years-any thoughts?  Is there a state statute regarding this?

  Happy Thanksgiving!

  Wendy L. Wilton

  Rutland City Treasurer


  802-773-1809  fax

  [log in to unmask]