The town of Benson gives one road crew guy $98. a month to cover the cost of his wife's insurance for him.
I work 30 hours a week and they say I can't get insurance through them or a stipend.  I have insurance through my husband.  Would like a stipend, never asked, just grateful I have insurance even though it stinks.  (Cigna)
Jan Ladd
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Stephanie Smith
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2007 8:18 AM
  Subject: Health care

  How many towns offer their employees a cash payment if the employee is not utilizing the town's health care benefit and are covered by another (i.e. - spouse's coverage).

  We are also interested in the amount of the payment and how it is determined.

  Thank you in advance for you time.
  Sincerely,

  Stephanie A. Smith
  Senior Associate, Municipal Assistance Center
  VT League of Cities and Towns
  1-800-649-7915