-----Original Message-----
From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sally Hoyler
Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2007 1:58 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Budgeting for website

I want to create a website for Ripton and have been collecting Muninet
emails related to website creation over the past year. I am interested in
doing it myself (believe I have the skills and I need th extra income). I'm
mostly interested in the cost and time involved as I am preparing a proposal
for the Selectboard. I would appreciate anything anyone can offer. My
questions:

How much does your town budget for website creation/maintenance? Is yours
done in-house or out?

If in-house, who is doing it and how are they compensated? Meaning, if you
the clerk are doing it, was your pay increased as Town Clerk, or was a
budget line created for website creation and maintenance, or what?

If in-house, what lead to the decision to do it in-house? - cost comparison,
availability of someone with the skills, more control over the design,
easier to maintain, other?

If in-house, about how many hours a week (month, year, however you count it)
is required for maintenance of the site?

Thanks so much!  -Sally