Hello all,
This morning doing the chores outside I was pleased to see Bohemian
Waxwings again in the neighborhood and my front yard. I saw two birds on a
branch next to each other touch bills, although the trees they were in were
just being used to perch temporarily; not berry trees. This is a bird I
need to stick around for another week, as my daughter is coming this
weekend for the holidays, and this would be a life bird for her.
I also had two croaking ravens pass over the yard.

Checking Shelburne Bay and Point this afternoon: Nothing much unusual at
the Bay access with lots of Goldeneye far out there, a Common Loon, and
lots of Black Duck and Mallards, and the usual gulls, but did chat with an
out-of-territory NC birder visiting Richmond for the holidays.

At the Point I was excited at first to see a large group of Goldeneye in
close and the water was flat; but the Harlequin was not to be seen with
them unfortunately; so not sure if he is still around, as the Burlington
Free Press birding article today noted no recent sightings of it.
I did see a light phase Rough-legged Hawk high in a tree just north of the
beach at the end of the road, which then flew over the beach headed south,
for a nice view.

Larry Haugh
Shelburne VT, slightly north of Bishop Road