Spent much of morning trying to figure out why all of the backyard birds
had deserted the newly-filled feeders when the light bulb went
on--predator? As soon as I started to look way up--there was a beautiful
adult Cooper's perched  high up in the 75 ft. blue spruce!!. Gave me a
good look:-tail bands, white tip of tail were easy to see. A first for
me in the yard!!What a great winter. By the way, this was in the
Champlain College neighborhood. Also, a half hour after the hawk took
off (as I was trying to film it), the usual feeder birds have still not
returned. A happy:Nancy Goodrich, Burlington