Hello all,

This is my first posting to the list. My report is a few days late because I just
subscribed to the list last night. I was on the steel bridge just past the 2 mile
marker on the Colchester causeway on Dec. 26. I noticed a flock of
Goldeneyes (300+) on the east side of causeway. The winds were calm, so it
was a  great chance to scope the flock. I located a male Barrow's Goldeneye
after about 1-1/2 hrs. of scanning the flock. I lost sight of it quickly because
it dove under water. It took 5 to 10 minutes to relocate it. I watched it for
maybe 30 seconds, when another male Barrow's swam into my scope view.
Imagine my excitement while seeing 2 of them in my scope at the same time,
and that this is a life bird for me! Good luck to any that make an attempt to
find it or them. You need to be patient with your search and dress for
success! It gets mighty cold after a couple of hours out there, even when the
wind is calm...

Enjoy birds,

Jim Mead