My neighbor's bird feeder near the Enosburgh Town Forest on Longley Bridge Road has attracted Evening Grosbeaks - the first I've seen here in the 19 years I've lived here. I counted about 12 on 11/28 and about 23 this morning (on both days when they flew, it seemed there were more than I'd counted). I've heard them regularly at the feeders in between these dates as I walk by.

Also this morning, 8 Pine Grosbeaks (4 male, 4 female) were hanging out in an apple-less apple tree but then swooping down to the road, presumably for grit. Gorgeous! Two male EVGR charged in to join them (after which the PIGR flew), but they sat side by side long enough for the difference in size to be obvious. Interesting!

Charlotte Bill
Enosburgh, Vermont