At 04:35 PM 12/18/2007, you wrote:
>DO NOT LISTEN TO MARC CHRUSCH AND SKIP KING!
>
>I CANNOT EMPHASIZE THIS ENOUGH!

Ummmm.... 'scuse me, Ben, but the instructions you linked to are for
general cleaning and not for the removal of sheave wheel grease,
which is one of the most difficult-to-remove stains from outerwear
that there is.  My recommendations are based on a LOT of experience -
I used to be responsible for guest services at Sunday River and as
such have removed lift grease from more jackets than I'd care to count.

There IS a small risk of damage to the waterproofing.  That's what
the Scotchguard is for.