From: Randy Witlicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wednesday, Dec 19, 2007 8:00 am
Subject: [SKIVT-L] NonVT Loon gondola incident Sunday
To: Reply-    Vermont Skiing Discussion and Snow Reports <[log in to unmask]>To: [log in to unmask]

  Loon had a gondola "derailment" Sunday - it looks like one passenger cabin came loose going into the top terminal - the news report is not to descriptive.
  I didn't find this one on FirstTracks!!Online or SAMinfo, but that may be because maybe they don't report scary tabloid stuff.
  The SkiClub of Great Britain reports lots of stuff ( http://www.skiclub.co.uk/ )

  Here's the link to the story (Don't know how long the StoryID in the URL lives):

  http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/news/story.asp?intStoryID=5254

  Also something there about a gondola evac in Japan.

  Central Vermont has a winter weather advisory for 3 to 7 inches Wednesday night into Thursday.
  See you on the hill.
  Ski here now.

  Randy