Hello Million,

In case you haven't solved the problem yet, here are my 2 cents:
We had the exact same "problem" on our Delta Plus XP. The Box current is
0.9mA as well. I tried my best to re-position the filament to no avail. I
ohmed the resistance across several filament we had in the lab. and some of
them had lower readings than others suggesting a variability in
manufacturing. So, I checked the source linearity for Carbon and the values
of our working standards and they were all ok. I asked the Thermo engineer
who was installing our DeltaV XP  and her comment was that this is an
indication that the filament might bite the dust soon since it is drawing
more current than the optimal value. So, I decided to live with it until the
next scheduled source maintenance, barring an earlier emergency repair.

I would suggest that you check the water background and evaluate the source
linearity and precision. If all is ok, then you might want to go with what
you have.

Regards,

Nabil