Have you tried running it in Virtual PC 2007?  See this page.
<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=04D26402-3199-48A3-AFA2-2DC0B40A73B6&displaylang=en>

It's free, but you may have to pay for some add-ons.

We run Virtual PC on a Pentium 3 and it runs like a slow 486!  Without
even trying!  We are running an OS/2 WARP 3 machine (actually an
IsoChrom) under Windows 2000.

There is a parallel port available because we print through it.  You use
the one on the host computer and turn it on and off in the software.  I
couldn't say whether it would be transparent enough for one of those
Godforsaken dongles.

Hil

--
Hilary Stuart-Williams PhD