Dear Kenneth,

You can get gridded ocean pH, alkalinity, pCO2...etc., profiles and annual
and seasonal dataset from http://odv.awi.de/home.html.
First, you should register (it is free!!) to get a password and then
download the software (Ocean Data View) for the exploration, analysis and
visualization of oceanographic dataset for the global ocean (e.g., World
Ocean Atlas 2005, WOCE, etc.)

Check the web page for more information!

Cheers!

Juan

> Dear Isogeochemists,
>
> I have some questions concerning ocean pH.
>
> - What causes main changes in ocean pH?
> - What is the expected seasonal variability?
> - How does it change with depth? Is it more constant at deeper levels?
> - What is the relation between ocean pH and
> salinity/temperature/alkalinity/nitrates...? Can it be calculated from
> these parameters?
> - Is there a database with gridded ocean pH's  from different depths
> (preferentially including the Baltic, Black Sea, Caspian Sea,
> Mediterranean), annual and seasonal?
>
> Hope someone can help me!
> Kind regards,
>
> Kenneth Mertens

> Kenneth Mertens
> Research Unit Paleontology (WE 13)
> Krijgslaan 281 Gebouw S8
> 9000 Gent
> Belgium
> Phone +3292644609
> Fax +3292644608
> skype: mertenskenneth
> Homepage: http://www.paleo.ugent.be/KennethMertens.htm

Juan A. Placencia
Ph.D. candidate in Oceanography
Marine Organic Geochemistry Lab.
Department of Oceanography
University of Concepción
Concepción, Chile
Phone: 56-41-2207044
Fax: 56-41-2204520
Alternative e-mail: [log in to unmask]

"The farther backward you can look, the farther forward you are likely to
see." W.Churchill