Hello,

I have been running FAMEs on our GC-c-IRMS using a 30m DB-5 column with 5m of guard column. The first six samples returned good peak resolution. After the sixth, I now get very poor resolution. Instead of well-defined peaks at the expected retention times, I'm getting hundreds of peaks at low amplitude (<100mV) throughout the run.
The GC method I'm currently using is as follows:
90-280C, 3C/min., 20 min hold; Flow rate 1.2 ml/min. He; Injection: splitless w/ surge.
Can anyone tell me what's happened, and how it might be fixed?

Thanks
Melissa D. Bautista
IRMS Research Technician
Centre for Coastal Biogeochemistry