Hi group,

I learned a new PubMed trick that I wanted to share. I wanted to identify all of the first author publications for a colleague, Jerry Avorn. If you type "avorn j" into PubMed, there are more than 300 hits. I spoke to the nice folks at the library and they said if you add [1au] next to the author's name in PubMed, you will only be given the first author pubs.

Here is what the command looks like.

avorn j [1au]

Hope this helps and let's all hope that someday we have so many publications that someone will want to use this trick for us! :)

Amanda

Amanda G. Kennedy, PharmD, BCPS
Research Assistant Professor of Medicine, College of Medicine
Assistant Professor, Department of Nursing, College of Nursing and Health Sciences
University of Vermont

"The study of error is not only in the highest degree prophylactic, but it serves as a stimulating introduction to the study of truth." -Walter Lippmann, journalist (1889-1974)