Rutland Northeast SU is evaluating district library systems.

I've tested 3 over the last year.

1. Koha - this was kind of hard to get installed and working and I didn't enjoy the interface, neither did anyone I showed it too.
2. PHPmyLibrary - this is the one I have setup at home for all my books.  I did this for insurance purposes and because I lend some of my technical books out and sometimes can't remember who has my Linux server hacks book.
3. EverGreen - I set this one up and liked it, but it was very overwhelming to use it for a home library.  EverGreen was developed by Georgia Public Library Service and its PINES program.  I'm wondering why other states have not joined the cause?

I'm only interested in open source solutions.  The librarians in my district have already done their research on propriety products.  I feel it is my job to present the other side of the argument.

Did you pay someone to come in and migrate the data to the new system? Who? How much?
Are you happy with the new system?
How much time have you spent supporting the new system?
Is your library catalog publicly available via the Internet?

regards,
Paul Wood
IT Coordinator, RNESU
802.247.5757 x17