Hi Bill,
I want to thank you again for all the great work you have done (and continue to do) on behalf of the children and teachers here in Vermont in the area of information technology.  I am so glad that you aren't retiring completely from the DOE! Please let Peter know how excited I am for him and I look forward to working with him (at least until June 11- when I retire).
Ceil

"Romond, Bill" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I am very pleased to announce that in mid-January Peter Drescher, formerly of Vermont Institutes and Drescher EduTech Consulting will assume the role of Educational Technology Coordinator with the Vermont Department of Education. We are fortunate to be able to hire someone with Peterís skills, abilities, and experience and look forward to having him as a colleague at the Department.

As many of you know, Peter comes to the Department with a strong background in education as well as in educational technology. He has been deeply involved with educational technology planning, implementation of significant efforts to support technology integration on a statewide basis, Vermontís one-to-one computing initiatives, the role of school leaders in supporting educational technology, VITA-Learn, and dozens of different technology professional development initiatives.

We were very pleased with the quality and quantity of the applicants for the position and were able to hire Peter from among several other highly qualified individuals that were interviewed. Please join me in welcoming Peter and in wishing him the very best as he begins his work. At the Department we will work to make his transition as smooth and fast as possible, and look forward to working with him as a close colleague.

Bill Romond
Educational Technology Coordinator
Vermont Department of Education
120 State Street