In southwestern Vermont we are reinvigorating Capstone (some may
recall that project from the early 2000's) under the name Capstone
2.0... this effort started at VT-LEAD IT at UVM last summer... some of
us realized David (warlick), Jim (Moulton) and Bernie (Dodge) were
preaching the use of technology to do the kinds of teaching we
developed with Capstone those years ago.

Anyways... a group has been meeting to identify ways of using
technology to support personal performance projects, personal
development collections, work based learning and community service
learning.

To date we have been learning how Capstone has sustained itself for
the last 5 years... late in January we are to begin identifying
hardware, software, and connectivity that can facilitate those
practices.

I am not sure there is a great example of technology-rich capstone
right now, but next year there should be excellent examples in Rutland
County!

-- Gary L. Ackerman

<< Always state the opinions upon which you base your facts.>>