From: School Information Technology Discussion on behalf of Romond, Bill
Sent: Thu 1/17/2008 1:04 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Skype?

Just to add to this conversation, Arlyn Bruccoli from the DOE, organized
a videoconference this past Tuesday bringing students from Siberia and
Vermont together. The Siberian students used Skype and our students
(from five schools) used the Learning Network of Vermont (LNV). They
"met" at the statehouse where the Siberian students had
environmentally-based artwork on display. The students had discussions
with each other as well as with a researcher from the woods Hole
Foundation.  It was great to see this application of technology!

Bill

Secondary Transformation Team

Vermont Department of Education

120 State Street