Hello all:

Probably of interest to a select group.. I just want to make this opportunity available to students in Vermont.

This is NOT a Dept. of Ed. Event. I simply was asked by organizers to put out the word.

In years past, I have been involved with the Green Mountain Film Festival here in Montpelier.  They have been showcasing student work from around the state over the last few years.  Again, this year, they are looking for a few student films to showcase at a Langdon Street Café venue here in  Montpelier during the festival. (March 21-30) The criteria is:

1.	Not a contest.  Just seeking films in any genre made by students in K-12 Vermont schools.
2.	Films should be short.. ideally 8-12 minutes in length.  (others will be considered, but best short rules)
3.	Films should be in a format of DVD and able to play on standard DVD player.  (please check)
4.	For sending films, please contact me off list and I'll send you full info.
5.	Students will be asked to be present at public showing and introduce film.
6.	Film content is fairly open, but guidance on editing and sound is key.

If you want more info. please contact me off list at this other email address:

Thanks.

Peter Drescher

Education Technology Coordinator

Vermont Department of Education