I know people say it takes getting used to (we have just 1or 2 users using it here) but it hasn't seemingly affected sales.
R.

Office 2007 sales spur software market

Microsoft's office suite, which also celebrates one year on the consumer market Wednesday, has been tearing things up at retail, leading software levels to their highest point since 1999. (From News.com's Beyond Binary blog.)

But, a whole lot of that is due to Microsoft, largely because of Office, but also because of Vista's debut. According to NPD's Chris Swenson, 80 percent of the total growth in the market can be attributed to the release of those two products.

Sales of Office 2007 are doing even better, up 100 percent compared with sales of Office 2003 in its initial months. That led Office to account for 17 percent (by dollar volume) of all software sold at retail stores last year.