Hi Steve,
         I prefer the rubberised heaters that come in a flat
horseshoe shape to the metal coil type.  I note, however, that the
Bird Watcher's General Store (BWGS)
http://www.birdwatchersgeneralstore.com/shop.htm doesn't carry that
kind.  So it will be interesting to see what others here have to
say.  BWGS (on Cape Cod) does carry several others kinds, two for $50
and one small one (44watts) for $20.  I hope this helps!
                         :-)  June