Helena,
         Sounds like your work has paid off!  Congratulations on
getting him flight ready.  Do you want to say a word more about where
along the Lake he was close to?  North or South of the
Boathouse?  Below Perkins Pier?  What had your hopes been; do you
feel he was ready to go?
         Thanks for helping a beautiful bird.  ~ June in Jericho