Sue Wetmore wrote:
>  Pine Grosbeaks again in my yard in Brandon this morning.

Rub it in, Sue.  Through the fall, I had lots of birds at the feeders,
including goldfinches and others, including most of the woodpeckers.  Almost
nothing since.

My conditions here are not optimal, and often the birds stay in the trees
and brush in the open area back of my lot, where I could  hear them but not
see them very well, though I'd still get feeder activity.   But this year I
think that the problem was initiated by neighbors letting their cats out
during the last thaw at Christmas.  Now my yard is marked.  Birds passing
the word on,  like the hobo signs of old.  Makes me sad.  Miss my bird
friends.

Dayle Ann
Brandon, almost downtown