The "big" flock of Pine Grosbeaks was back at Technology Park today. This is
the same flock that Bruce MacPherson reported spends most of its time in the
area bounded by Shunpike Road, Brownell Road, Leroy Avenue, and Marshall
Avenue. I was fortunate enough to get there right when the flock arrived. At
11:55 AM there were NONE to be found. At NOON, they swarmed in like a flock
of waxwings. There were AT LEAST 100 birds in this group. They spread out
throughout the complex feasting on cherries. The strong wind was a factor
and kept the birds moving from one tree to another. However, they kept at it.
I just hope that these guys stay around throughout the winter season.

Jim Osborn