Hello to all,

I visited Shelburne Bay today from 11:45am-12:15pm. I could not relocate the
Canvasbacks anywhere in the bay. Yesterday, also @ 11:45am, I was able to
find them, but they were way out across the bay on the east shore. I was
also able to see the Snow Goose yesterday, thanks to Chip Wright pointing it
out to me. It was standing in the tall reeds, to the right of the access ramp,
closest to the big rock. It's feet were in the water. Today I found the Snow
Goose after I left the access area, driving east on Bay Road. I was looking
toward the water along the beach front area. I saw the goose  in the last bit
of beach front water that can be seen from Bay Road. It was swimming
around like it didn't have a care in the world. I think that this goose is ok
health wise. It doesn't seem to have any apparent physical problem nor does
it look thin. I am wondering how it got left behind, though. The flock of
Goldeneyes seems to be growing & I also counted 8 Scaup sp. I hope someone
has better luck relocating the Canvasbacks...

Enjoy Birds,

Jim Mead
Essex Junction