We are happy to announce that we have officially released the eBird Data
Import Tool. Many users have been asking how we can bulk load their
existing sightings that are kept on their home computers in various file
types. This tool is designed to bring in data from Excel files or other
similarly structured datasets. We have created two file formats that we
feel conform well to the types of data people typically store. If you
have data stored in Excel or a similar format, and you would like to
upload those records to eBird then please check out the new system here
- http://ebird.org/content/vt/news/BulkUpload.html

--
Kent McFarland
Vermont Center for Ecostudies