On Jan 7, 2008 3:58 PM, Christian T <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
On Sun, 6 Jan 2008 06:47:22 -0500, Jumpin_Jimmy <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:
in that second picture you didn't zoom out to show the looming death below.
a buddy and i almost met to our ends riding those fields, we got funnelled into
what we now call "certain death chute" which is just out of frame at the
bottom of the pic. we came barrelling down this perfect chute only to realize
it ended. we came to a stop 10 ft. from the edge.  we unstrapped and
crawled down through the bushes on the side, it was a 300 foot drop off.  it
took us almost an hour to hike out of it with only one ice axe between the
two of us. be careful when venturing deep in the notch, its not the same as
riding the tame hardwoods off the gondi or in the backbowls.

Christian,

We're glad you didn't coomb the chute! Did you climb back up, or traverse over?

caveat lector - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - SkiVt-L is brought to you by the University of Vermont.