Roger, I can appreciate (and second) your report of glop from yesterday. It was amazing what happened overnight between about midnight on Saturday (light base with snow falling steadily) and noon on Sunday (glop sticking to everything). The temp on my spiffy new watch was reading 34 deg, which made the glop-fest even less expected.

Anyways, we found similar trickiness on the uphill - I pounded a painful track into 1200' of vertical assuming it would be all good on the descent (come to think of it, I felt like I was wearing Marker Dukes). The descent proved even more sticky and annoying. I can only imagine what misery would have met those in light touring setups. Still, a nice day to be out in the woods, especially with the warm weather coming.

-eo