Roger wrote about rope avoidance:

>Nice role modelling, Pops. Does Mom know about this behavior?
On the chair ride up, there was plenty of explanation to the younger generation about why it was OK in this instance: We'd already skied it 5 times, so we knew it wasn't bare rock, dangerous, or avy-prone; they had a parent with them; hadn't seen a patroller all day... no, Mom does not read this list, and the boys were instructed to omit that part of the story.