> Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 07:15:57 -0500> > Snow showers here @ 900 ft. There's a light covering of about .3 inches. The > tops of Bolton and Mansfield are socked in. BC should be ripe tomorrow :)> Rachel
Thanks for the update Rachel - we had just a 10th of an inch at our house this morning when I was leaving for work at 6:00 A.M., but it was snowing pretty hard so I'm interested in seeing how it played out.  At around 8:45 A.M. here in Burlington it's just cloudy with a few flurries, but the mountains look really cool from here with some snow falling and early morning light breaking through in spots to the south of the I-89/Route 2 corridor.

Some morning observations from Waterbury that I sent in to EasternUSWX are below:

We hit a low last night of -13.5 F at our place in Waterbury, but that was around 10:00 or 11:00 P.M.  After that, the temperature began to rise and at 6:00 A.M. this morning we were bang on at 0.0 F.  There was also moderately heavy snow falling at the time, so I decided to take my usual set of observations.  I haven't seen an observations thread for this snowfall event (probably because it is rather small) so I've just pasted in the extra observations and comments below.

January 4th, 2008:  6:00 A.M. update from Waterbury, VT.

New Snow:  0.1 inches
Temperature:  0.0 F
Humidity:  44%
Barometer:  30.50 in Hg
Wind:  Calm
Sky:  Moderate Snow
Cumulative storm total:  0.1 inches
Current snow at the stake:  22 inches
Season snowfall total:  96.7 inches

I had heard there was the chance of snow showers for this morning, but I did a double take when I pulled the car out of the garage and saw moderately heavy snowfall coming out of the sky.  I quickly ran to the snowboard and took a measurement to find that there was already a 10th of an inch accumulation; although at the rate it was coming down I suspect there will be at least a few more of those.  As I headed to Burlington on I-89 the moderate snowfall continued, although it was lighter when I finally got to Burlington itself.  As of 7:30 A.M. the radar loops Iíve checked still show a little snowfall around the area, but as I look outside it is really starting to clear up here in Burlington.

J.Spin