We were supposed to have 6 days of skiing, but our good friends at Air
Canada thought that a detour to Ottawa was more valuable than the 5th and
6th days, so we were down to 4 days.

Day 1 - Our first day on pins for the year (after a couple of skate days in
December), we elected to try Marmot Basin.  Since it was early season, much
of the more funner stuff was not open yet.  But, there was plenty of good
stuff to be had.

Day 2 - BC, at Bald Hills, out by Mailgne Lake.  One of the best tours I
have had in while.

Day 3 - Back to Marmot Basin, with some new snow.  This is the ONLY on-piste
game in town.

Day 4 - BC on Parker Ridge, just south of the pass on the Snowfields
highway.  We pulled out the map and scoped this out, then went to the ranger
station and asked for advice, without mentioning where we were considering.
Despite the vast size of the national park, we learned that these two tours
are pretty much it for day trips out of Jasper.

All in all, a lovely place, with TONS of wildlife and amazing views.

David Merfeld

--Benjamin Kulas twisted my arm--