Yesterday my snowflake earring fell out. Being superstitious when it comes to
the mtn and snow, I was scared it was a bad omen. So I went to the doc just
to be sure, especially since I've got my CO trip coming up. She confirmed
what I thought to be true...no breaks or tears, just seriously bruised and
banged up...rotator cuff and surrounding shoulder muscles. She gave me some
exercises to start tomorrow and a prescription for nidaciv. Said pt may be in
my future but to keep it moving in the meantime so that it doesn't freeze up.
Said I should be good for CO in five weeks and that if not, she'd shoot me up
with cortizon as long as I promised to take it sorta easier. I love my doc. Just
hearing that I'd be cleared for CO makes my shoulder feel better. The snow I
saw falling this morning helped, too, though I'm not riding tonight. (I'd be lying
if I said I didn't consider it. I purposefully left my boots at home so that I
wouldn't be able to act on my temptation.) I'll be sitting in the lodge while my
school kids ski and ride...making hot chocolate and reading. Hopefully I'll be on
the snow this weekend...just can't fall...ysae sremoorg.
Rachel