Roger -

I have a Dr. suggestion for you on the athlete front:  Keith Schaller, Sports &
Family Chiropractic in Waterbury.  He's an athlete and he gets it.  I've only
once had him suggest that I should really *not do* something for a while, he
understands that we want/need to be out there doing our thing.  He's not
your average "cracker", he does do adjustments but his practice is much more
holistic, and he's an acupunturist.  He sends you home with stretches and
exercises fully expecting that you'll work as a team to get things back under
control.  He's treated my thumb, shoulder, ankle, knee and hip - I recommend
him with no reservations, I'd never have made 100 days last season without
him. (I don't do much with doctors otherwise - the pharmacy wiped me out of
their system recently because I'd not done business with them for over 3
years.)