-----Original Message-----
From: School Information Technology Discussion
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ray Ballou
Sent: February 02, 2008 9:45 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Productivity. (was: throw another distraction log on the IT
pyre)

>Must be something besides productivity that makes life worth living. :-)

Vince, I am glad you share your point of view, and I enjoy the nostalgia you
find in it, but productivity and specifically the increases in it are what
make life worth living.

I am not interested in any of the previous years systems or models. Not
windows 3.0 not a 1979 Buick Skylark. Nor unpasteurized milk straight from a
cow, nor steamship ocean travel, nor outhouses, nor wood cook stoves, nor
life without I-89, nor life before FDIC, nor gas lighting, nor lead paint,
nor x-ray shoe sizing, nor indiscriminate medical use of leaches, life
before plastic, nor coal fired locomotives. Honestly I don't really miss the
Pony Express.

We might just be spending too much time smelling the roses and not enough
time cultivating them.

R.