Joe, Jean,  Lisa, and anyone else using these types of tools...

It's great to see your influence in some of our Vermont Schools.
Thanks for sharing, Jean and Lisa.  I know there are others out there who
are interested in the use of tools like Moodle. Ning, etc.  Many of you have
developed some great resources for teaching folks how to use these tools and
also some great models of these tools being used.  How about collecting
these in one place and having an ongoing discussion and sharing place at
VTCITE.
 I have started a thread on VTCITE under Web 2.0 discussion just forLMS and
Social Networking type applications (including Moodle)  (Lisa, Jean, Joe...
would you consider adding to that thread so we can grow it to be a valuable
resource for all of us using these tools. )

http://vtcite.org/node/1739
----------------------
Social Networking (Moodle, NING, THINK, ELGG, etc)

Social Networking Tools used in Schools? MySpace and Facebook might come to
mind, but there are lots of other tools that have a social networking
component or that could be used to engage the MySpace generation. Let's
start a discussion on the use of these tools in schools.

I added a comment with some good examples of from  the Science Leadership
Academy in Philadelphia (where EduCon was held) uses  Moodle, Drupal, and
ELGG.
They claim that Moodle was CENTRAL to the success of their school.  One
comment I heard was that their one to one laptop model's success is
partially due to the school's pervasive use of Moodle.
Check out  the thread at  http://vtcite.org/node/1739
and add your own resources and stories there.