Joe, Jean,  Lisa, and anyone else using these types of tools...

It's great to see your influence in some of our Vermont Schools.
Thanks for sharing, Jean and Lisa.  I know there are others out there who are interested in the use of tools like Moodle. Ning, etc.  Many of you have developed some great resources for teaching folks how to use these tools and also some great models of these tools being used.  How about collecting these in one place and having an ongoing discussion and sharing place at VTCITE.
 I have started a thread on VTCITE under Web 2.0 discussion just forLMS and  Social Networking type applications (including Moodle)  (Lisa, Jean, Joe... would you consider adding to that thread so we can grow it to be a valuable resource for all of us using these tools. )

http://vtcite.org/node/1739
Social Networking (Moodle, NING, THINK, ELGG, etc)

Social Networking Tools used in Schools? MySpace and Facebook might come to mind, but there are lots of other tools that have a social networking component or that could be used to engage the MySpace generation. Let's start a discussion on the use of these tools in schools.

I added a comment with some good examples of from  the Science Leadership Academy in Philadelphia (where EduCon was held) uses  Moodle, Drupal, and ELGG.
They claim that Moodle was CENTRAL to the success of their school.  One comment I heard was that their one to one laptop model's success is partially due to the school's pervasive use of Moodle.
Check out  the thread at  http://vtcite.org/node/1739
and add your own resources and stories there.