Chittenden East SU has started with AlertNow this fall.  While generally pleased, we have one continuing issue:

Up to 25% of our calls are typically defined as "Live Partial."   I know that many of these are recipients who hang up in the middle of the call.

However, a disproportionate number of recipients report only hearing part of the message, hearing static or getting no call at all.  AlertNow has offered several explanations: background noise in the room, time between end of an answering machine message and the beep, static from bad weather, etc.

Is anyone else receiving these reports from parents and staff, and if so, to what extent?

Steve Jarrett
District Technology Coordinator
Chittenden East Supervisory Union
(802) 899 - 4690 X1729
(fax) (802)899-2904

This e-mail may contain information protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).  If this e-mail contains student information and you are not entitled to access such information under FERPA, please notify the sender.  Federal regulations require that you destroy this e-mail without reviewing it and you may not forward it to anyone.

>>> Robert Gervais <[log in to unmask]> 2/7/2008 11:41 AM >>>
>Out district is starting to look at phone alerting services. Have any of
>you been happy with yours? What ones do people use.

FNESU is using AlertNow and is very very happy with this service.  We
started with individual schools (Richford High School first began using
them 2+ years ago), and this December we got everyone into an SU-wide
plan.  This way we can do entire distict announcement, like today's 2 hour
delay, plus each school can do their own announcements.  Tons of options
both online and via phone, great training, and super tech support.
contact:
Suzanne Hendy Newman
888-666-6526

Rob Gervais