Rita,

Thank you for the feedback on AlertNow.

Something that Rick Mallon from St J wrote yesterday makes me wonder if our local telephone switching station is unable to handle correctly the volume of simultaneous calls.   It may account for some of our large volume of "Live Partial" phone calls.

One work around we use for doing two or more Primary numbers for the same person is to put them on two or more lines in the csv spreadsheet.

Another non-tech issue is that parents, when supplying phone numbers, were not asked to distinguish between a child's emergency contact info (for example, grandma called about a child's stomach ache) and school-wide situations.  The next door neighbor does not want to be called at 6am about their neighbor's child's school closing.

Next year parents will be able to differentiate between school-wide situation contacts and individual child situation contacts.

Steve

Steve Jarrett
District Technology Coordinator
Chittenden East Supervisory Union
(802) 899 - 4690 X1729
(fax) (802)899-2904

This e-mail may contain information protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).  If this e-mail contains student information and you are not entitled to access such information under FERPA, please notify the sender.  Federal regulations require that you destroy this e-mail without reviewing it and you may not forward it to anyone.

>>> Rita Rawding <[log in to unmask]> 2/8/2008 8:54 AM >>>
Hi Steve, At St. Albans City School we too have had the same problems you
listed and received the same answers about noise interfearing. I did learn
something yesterday though that I had not heard before, which may help you
with the no call at all part you mentioned. We have 5 phone numbers listed
for students and 2 for staff, initially I was told to make the headers with
PHONE1 , PHONE2, etc... but unless the call is made as an emergency only the
first number is called even when the call comes from our central office. We
have parents and staff who want more than one number called for snow days. I
was told we could list the first 2 phone numbers as PRIMARYPHONE1 and
PRIMARYPHONE2, this way both numbers are called for regular snow days and
calls not listed as an emergency. I tried to do it with more than 2 phone
numbers and it won't work, any more than 2 numbers listed as PRIMARY are
ignored. I hope this helps and I would like to hear any suggestions about
the rest of your questions.

Rita Rawding
St. Albans City School