Phreaking sweet.

Ah. I knew I was missing the goods.

Coming down to the road, I saw a huge group that looked like a class
digging in the snow.  I did not see Rachel.

I was in a stuffy classroom with no windows (Mark can confirm this) all day on 2/2. We dug in the snow on 2/3.

 Beyond believabilty.

Way to rub it in. I didn't even get the lunch break I was hoping for to explore Morse.

In my excitement, I opened it up a bit.
Mistake.
About halfway down, my right ski pitoned into a rut, and I was sent
skidding and bouncing down a tight steep chute, bouncing off some
exposed rock and wood, and stopping just to the right of a tree.
Bruised, but not really hurt, I headed back to Sterling where I found
Ben.

Ouch. Glad you're ok.

At the road, we saw a couple of patrollers coming out.  I yelled "Hey,
are you guys allowed to come back here?."  One of the patrollers asked
the same of me and grinned.  Don't ask, don't tell.

Gotta love the 'tude at Smuggs.

 Each run left us astounded at how
lucky we've been during this warm January to have consistently avoided
the worst-case scenario.

Knock on wood, bro.

Rachel