After Lake Louise, I hopped on a Greyhound and headed west down the Trans Canada Highway ......

On the banks of the mighty Columbia, we waited for the chopper:  http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa301/markrenson/Canada%202008/IMG_0353.jpg
PJ was with us, in training for racing in the MRV!  Also, a retired professional Ironman was with us and a prominent mountaineer as well as Dave, the friendly down-to-Earth Orchard Tycoon from Kelowna and 2 other Woodchucks!  We had a friendly crew!

After arriving, we practiced hard with our beacons and rescue drills:
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa301/markrenson/Canada%202008/IMG_0357.jpg

We then rewarded ourselves with a half day of 2500 feet of vertical, getting some good standard issue thigh deep untracked!

Next morning, I looked out my window and saw clear skies!:
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa301/markrenson/Canada%202008/IMG_0359.jpg

But it appeared that the higher peaks had some winds roaring at their summits, courtesy of a front roaring in from the Northwest Territories:
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa301/markrenson/Canada%202008/IMG_0363.jpg

Undaunted, we headed out into the wild blue yonder:
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa301/markrenson/Canada%202008/IMG_0364.jpg

But even the lower summits were getting blasted!  It was more like Noo Eenk-linn vedder!  The Selkirk family was getting paid a visit from Mr. Adams, Mr. Jefferson and Mr. Washington!
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa301/markrenson/Canada%202008/IMG_0367.jpg
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa301/markrenson/Canada%202008/IMG_0369.jpg
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa301/markrenson/Canada%202008/IMG_0370.jpg

Our powder was getting pancaked, leaving tricky windslab everywhere:
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa301/markrenson/Canada%202008/IMG_0371.jpg

What to do?  ...... head for the trees, of course:
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa301/markrenson/Canada%202008/IMG_0372.jpg

Hey, wait a minute, the West doesn't have great tree skiing, right?:
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa301/markrenson/Canada%202008/IMG_0374.jpg
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa301/markrenson/Canada%202008/IMG_0388.jpg
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa301/markrenson/Canada%202008/IMG_0390.jpg
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa301/markrenson/Canada%202008/IMG_0391.jpg

Fantastic views abounded from below, which I had never experienced before!  Normally when I'm below, it's cloudy and snowy, but not today:
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa301/markrenson/Canada%202008/IMG_0394.jpg
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa301/markrenson/Canada%202008/IMG_0399.jpg

We stayed outta' harms way as an avalanche cycle was in high gear from the shrieking winds:
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa301/markrenson/Canada%202008/IMG_0402.jpg

We still had a great day which made us smile!:
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa301/markrenson/Canada%202008/IMG_0378.jpg
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa301/markrenson/Canada%202008/IMG_0379.jpg

Which made the long skin back uphill easy with all of those smiles on our faces:
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa301/markrenson/Canada%202008/IMG_0407.jpg

Mark P. Renson