Sharon and Marc,

Friday the 1st was just amazing over at The Canyons, with 16" of fresh, no
crowds, and most of the mountain open.  But I have to agree that yesterday
was just insane at Park City MR.

We took our 6-year-old grandson out for both days (plus the 2nd, which
didn't kcus either).  He's getting to be a powder fiend, and it was a riot
watching him power his way through snow up to his armpits.

This morning I woke up with a sore throat.  3 days of whooping your lungs
out will do that!

David "back at the desk in Boston now" Merfeld

--Sharon wrote--

In a word, EPIC.

We skied crotch to waist deep fresh fluffy snow from beginning to end today.
It was deeper than yesterday.

M2 made a miraculous recovery. Amazing what a little fresh air and deep
fluffy powder will do.

It was the best in-area day of skiing in my life. Marc had some great ideas
for fresh untracked snow on the bucolic snow drenched western flanks. In the
morning we skied exclusively off Wildcat due to the wind and low-vis at the
top of Collins, not to mention that the snow on that side was deep and the
trees kept visibility manageable. It was so amazing that it made me
completely high and giddy and I could not stop grinning. Each run was
multi-orgasmic.

I had a big surprise today and I believe I earned it (Bob). My skis went
deep and came to a quick stop while my body did not slow down as fast. I did
a double-ejection face plant when my skis went deep into a dip right in
front of Marc who was waiting atop a snowy knoll. He was bummed not to have
caught it on video. I'm sure it was quite a sight. I lost one of my skis in
the deep snow for a while and needed some help finding it. Luckily for me
the guys were right there and assisted with the search. Falling is not
dangerous in such deep snow, but it is extremely exhausting digging for your
ski that is 3 feet under the snow, and it is also exhausting to get your
body out of the deep fluffy snow enough to get your boots back in your
bindings. I vowed not to fall again and I purchased powder cords during our
lunch stop.

After skiing down the western flanks to the road before lunch in some of the
best untracked deep snow of the day. We caught the bus and took it up to the
Rustler Lodge where we had a very delicious sit-down meal in view of the
High Rustler where we watched a number of big-mountain rippers ski big fast
turns right down the gut while our gear dried off by the fire and we enjoyed
our lunch.

Our last run of the day was even further west down to the heli-pad. That
area had absolutely no tracks anywhere and seemed to have not been skied at
all in possibly a number of days. A really sweet way to end the day. Big
grins all around.

The road had just re-opened after a bit of avalanche control, and it was
nearly 3:30, so we called it a day and headed down the canyon before it
closed again.