On Feb 4, 2008 4:04 PM, Wesley Alan Wright <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

This seems like a nicely controlled experiment: essentially, you
changed little except bindings.

Well... not completely true. Lighter bindings but also lighter boots (Scarpa Denali XTs to Megarides). So really I didn't do that well this year, considering. My transition times were faster I think, but there was time lost on LA compared to last year too (the icy moguls were more of a struggle due to the cluster*** of people trying to go up them; I admit to losing a ski even in lockdown mode and spending a minute or so fiddling on an icy mogul to get it back on. People were falling all over the place; it was very entertaining, once I was above them).

Last year I did not skin the day prior to the race, this year I did. That may not have been the smartest decision, looking back.

-eo