It wasn't a good date by Northern Vermont standards, but I'm not
living in northern Vermont anymore, and nmad was it nice to ski some
fresh snow again.  I took the Anti-Pistes out, hit the K-1 line just
right (waited less than five minutes and was on the fourth cabin up
the hill), first run was across to the top of the Glades triple.
Powerline had bumps lurking, but between soft snow filling in and
wide, not-too-stiff skis, I mostly floated my way across them.  A few
big turns down Great Northern, then first tracks down Racer's Edge and
a right turn into the woods.  The snow wasn't super-deep, but there
was enough soft stuff on top of a firmer base that the turns were
awfully nice.  The next few runs were similar, with a few okay turns
and some darn good ones; Big Dipper was worth three trips through,
pushing further left each time.  I finished up with a couple more
runs, the last of which featured rather nice turns down skiers' right
of Highline.

I did find it interesting how much the snow depth and consistency
varied from place to place; Toilet Bowl had a more evident crust layer
within the new stuff, while the untracked portions of Big Dipper skied
like straight-up powder.  The bottom of Highline was more granular,
but all of it was fun.

Kevin T. Broderick